With Christmas around the corner, I’m happy to say I’m almost done all my shopping. I am generally not one to get into the holiday spirit let alone get my shopping done a month in advance, but this year I’m actually pretty happy and want to embrace it. Shopping for my friends is easy, I actually tend to over buy and spoil them to death. For my friends though apparently its quite a task to figure out what to get me for Christmas. I never thought I was one to be hard to shop for. I’m a pretty simple girl and feel I have everything I need. I usually ask for clothes or useful items like windshield wipers for my car or a new notebook to write my to-do lists in. This year though my list of items is a little different.
1. Mini Kegerator – After reading one of my favourite beer blogs Sheltered Girl Meets World – Introducing the Kegerator I have been dying to get my hands on one of my own. Unfortunately my roomies have limited me to a mini version because we are in an apartment building and they feel that me having that much available beer to me is not the best idea. My counter point was that if I had a full size kegerator the fridge wouldn’t be consumed by my beer, but they didn’t fall for it. So I’ll settle for a mini.
2. Books – A little light reading never hurt anyone.
Craft Beer Revolution: The Insider’s Guide to BC Breweries by Joe Wiebe
Skinny Bitch: Ultimate Everyday Cookbook: Crazy Delicious Recipes that Are Good to the Earth and Great for Your Bod by Kim Barnouin (just because I really need a new cookbook.)
3. Paints, Canvases, and other art supplies. – I need to get more art done, my walls are bare. as much as I do love garbage picking to find wicked things to recreate it doesn’t hurt to have some of the basics.
4. A set of weights – because I like to work out. I’ve been really wanting to start getting into weights… no need to panic, not planning on getting super jacked anytime soon.
5. If all else fails, Beer or Beer Store gift cards are always a good way to my heart.
– The Beer Gypsy